Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gweed's Gangsters Classic Car Show


So I stumbled upon this meet entirely by accident. I went to a movie at the Treasure Coast Mall, and for some reason when I was leaving, decided to go around the back of the mall. Thats when I struck paydirt!

Held every tuesday for the past 12 years, Gweed's Gangsters Classic Car Meet is pure gold.
Just a parking lot, folding chairs, and gear heads.

Cars varied from 60's-70's muscle, to 30's-40's and even a '72 vw bug!
They looked at me funny when i rolled up in an s13.4 on 17x10's but quickly understood that I shared their passion for grease and gears and burning rubber.

I was kinda bummed out, however, cuz it was only 5pm and ppl said "most ppl don't show up till about 7-8", and I work 7pm-5am.
I may hafta ditch work next week.








The standout of the evening was a socal-speed built '31 Ford.
Excellent styling imo, and the owner (Mike iirc) said it was an all steel body! No fiberglass kit car here!








I'm sure I'll be back again next week and I'll for sure stay later too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers